Ignored Delivery instruction, ambiguity on delivery

Guest's review of Crocus www.crocus.co.uk

“Ignored Delivery instruction, ambiguity on delivery ”

Written on: 04/09/2012

Ordered a plant with crocus. took 4 days to arrive, note stated 'within 2-3 days'. When queried, they advised that their courier does not operate on Saturdays, which is fair enough, but this is not made explicit at any stage of the ordering process, nor on the website so far as I can see. All they need to do to remove this ambiguity is change the wording to 'within 2-3 working days'.

Second point, delivery instruction completely ignored, negating the whole purpose of it. Asked for the package to be left in a discrete sheltered location. Instead was left in an open and exposed location on the other side of the house.

Third point, Whilst the customer service were initially apologetic, they refused to offer any kind of refund on the delivery for this poor service. They reluctantly offered a voucher when pushed, which I may have accepted had I felt compelled to do repeat business with them, but considering there are so many alternatives out there, it doesn't seem worth taking a risk with them again in the future.

• Goods purchased & cost

1Katya's Comment

Written on: 08/09/2012

I don't want vouchers either for poor goods or service - & they never include postage - but seem more like a marketing incentive to buy again. I addressed the problems I had with this company to director level, but they didn't take the time to reply to me personally, which somewhat surprised me, nor did they address the issues I made about abysmal plants etc. I doubt if I will buy from this company again, and as you say there are many alternatives out there. At least your plant was alive!

Crocuscustomerservices's Comment

Written on: 26/09/2012

Good morning

We're very sorry to hear that your recent shopping experience with us wasn't a positive one. Please e-mail customerservices@crocus.co.uk with your order details (please mark the e-mail for my attention), and we'd be happy to refund your delivery charge by way of apology.

Best Regards