WORST SOFA COMPANY EVER - do not buy from them & avoid !!

DES17's review of Sofaworks - www.sofaworks.co.uk

“WORST SOFA COMPANY EVER - do not buy from them and...”

Written on: 23/04/2012 by DES17 (1 review written)

We went and bought a sofa from CSL for my elderly parents. They sales people say they are not pushy ... but they are, they follow you around and dont even give you time to talk to each.

My mum and dad picked the sofa they liked, and the salesperson then started to talk about sofa care kits, insurance etc after he explained about these, he asked if we was happy with the sofa chosen, if so we would proceed with the order.

When he mentioned the total price it seemed a bit steep, so i checked the order list, surprise surprise all the extras he had talked about he had added them to the order !! without asking us. I told him we was not interested and made him take them off the order - he was not happy about it, im not surprise as his sly little extras amounted to an extra £300 on top. My mum and dad are in their late 70,s so would not have questioned the extras put on, but i know what sales people get up to (as i have had sales jobs in the past) and thats how they earn their money, commission on the extras. Bad sales ethics and disgraceful to try these tactics, imagine how many people (especially elderly people) have been duped without even knowing.

The salesman also told us that we would get out delivery within four weeks (not the 12 weeks delivery stated) this was important as my parents old sofa was broken. I asked him again is he sure it would be a quicker delivery, he reiterated YES it would be.

Five weeks later the delivery date was still been shown as 12 weeks, i was not happy so i contacted customer services and explained the situation, they basically fobbed me off and told me that there was nothing they could do and cannot amend delivery dates. Another disgraceful tactic to buy.

The 12 weeks have come and i have had a email saying the sofa was in ! so i went online to arrange the delivery, expecting the sofa to be waiting for delivery, when i logged in, i nearly blew a fuse ...earliest delivery date was FOUR weeks away !!! DISGUSTING - how can they expect you to wait SIXTEEN weeks from placing an order to getting it delivered.

My poor mum and dad have had to sit on their broken sofa waiting.

CSL are the worst sofa company ever, do NOT deal with them and avoid at all costs unless you want to get ripped off and messed around. WE wished we had gone to DFS now, as we would have had the sofa we liked in their shop within 3 weeks. Instead we have wasted a lot of money and time waiting SIXTEEN weeks waiting for a sofa. This is a really bad company, and its obvious we are not the only ones who think this, if you look at all the reviews online for them.

To add insult all their adverts are stating 72 hour delivery - this must be another con on their part. This company needs investing and we have started the ball rolling with presenting our case with trading standards and other governing bodies.

To Sum up

Pushy - dishonest sales people
Bad sales ethics regarding adding extras to your order without asking
The worst delivery dates for sofas out of all of the sofa companies (i think what they do is take your order, then get it made, then get it delivered, so they dont have to pay for stock, and only produce sofas when they have the paid order)
Rubbish Customer Service

and lastly DO NOT EVER BUY A SOFA FROM CSL OR DEAL WITH THEM - LOOK AT THE OTHER ONLINE REVIEWS TO SEE THAT THIS IS REGULAR HAPPENING AT ALL CSL STORES.

We have spread the word and WILL never deal with them again.

• Goods purchased & cost

• Still waiting

Csl Customer Care's Response to DES17's Review

Written on: 25/04/2012

Dear Sir/Madame,

Thank you for your feedback.

This is not typical feedback that CSL would recieve, therefore we are keen to know more about your experience in the store as part of our drive for continuous improvement.

We pride ourselves on a fantastic experience that we provide to all customers and would like to make sure your experience is not repeated.

You can contact me on 08444 818181 or mike.jackson@csl-furniture.co.uk