Still awaiting delivery

Guest's review of SCS Sofas - www.scssofas.co.uk

“Still awaiting delivery”

Written on: 13/06/2013

An order was placed on 11th March 2013 for a La-Z-Boy Manhattan Two Corner Two Manual Recliner and paid a deposit of £600.00. and given a 12 week delivery date. We did received on 10.5.13 correspondence apologising saying the goods will not be received in their warehouse until week commencing 24.6.13 and the situation has occurred due to circumstances out of their control. I decided to call the Cannock Store today for an update and have been given a date of 9th July 2013 for the furniture to arrive at the Docks. Currently looking into various aspects of what can be done, but this is absolutely diabolical and they should not be allowed to treat customers like this.
Obviously should have checked if SCS do provide a good service and goods which we didn't do and now we are totally regretting this situation.

• Goods purchased & cost

Sheffcitylad's Comment

Written on: 20/06/2013

Contact them in writing and tell them that time is of the essence and you require a definite delivery date. Once you have that date if they don't deliver you have the right to cancel your agreement with them. I am currently dealing with a similar issue for a family member and my advise came from the citizens advise bureaux. The level of customer service I have received from scs regarding the issue's is disgusting and my advise to anyone would be shop around and find a small independent retailer and not use scs or the likes.