online service terrible

CarleyGillespie365's review of Ikea - www.ikea.com

“online service terrible”

Written on: 29/04/2014 by CarleyGillespie365 (1 review written)

I went online this afternoon to place an order for the 16 cube Expedit storage unit which my daughter in law has so I know its very sturdy. My shopping experience turned into a nightmare.

First of all the unit was showing as unavailable to order online even though it weighs a hefty 65 kgs and is 5ft x 5ft.
I had tried to order this unit a few years ago and was hit with the same problem.

I looked at the other colours and found that according to the website they are available to order online. Ikea's terms and conditions say if an item is showing 'add to basket' then it is available to order on line.

I added the birch colour to my basket along with two sets of drawers. It gave me a total price and took me on to the delivery details page.
After filling in my details it then displayed a 'unknown error please contact customer service'. I tried all the other colours and the same thing applied.
Now the fun began !!! Contact customer service it said !! I rung and was told the lines were busy and I had to queue for 30 mins. I listened to 14 different pop songs ranging from Abba to Queen. Then I got cut off.!!!

I thought I would try talking to their 'online Anna' I think she was called. This failed due to it saying I dont have the latest update and I needed to download it to talk to the lovely Anna. I have the latest samsung S5 so I am quite sure I have the data needed to talk to this useless robot !!

Next I thought I'll email customer service. After writing a long email to them I pressed the send button and nothing happened. The email wouldn't sent. Maybe its my phone signal playing up I thought so I tried my tablet. Again I wrote and again the 'send' feature wouldn't work. Back to my phone and tried once more. Nope my email wouldnt send.

I think Ikea need to take some lessons in Customer service and move on up to the real world of today where big heavy furniture can be delivered. Its ridiculous. The most annoyong thing now is because I've browsed fot this unit it keeps showing on my screen to buy !!! BUT IKEA WONT LET ME BUY IT !!! I GIVE UP !!

Product 40047675

Catherine Shannon

• Ikea wouldn't allow me to purchase

• Still waiting