worst experience ever

severelydisappointed's review of Ikea - www.ikea.com

“worst experience ever”

Written on: 09/04/2014 by severelydisappointed (1 review written)

I tried placing an order online and at every step of the way, they have ruined the order in the following way:
1. Cancelled my order and blamed my bank when it was their billing department's fault
2. The automated online service hung up on me multiple times
3. The employees could not transfer me to the appropriate department
4. When actually delivered, they damaged a piece of the order so I could not build my shelving unit
5. I had to call the IKEA to figure out what was going on with my order with no updates
6. When trying to reschedule my delivery for the damaged part, I was emailed an estimated delivery date 5 days later. That day came and went with no delivery or contact and when called, I found out that the estimated delivery will be 10 days later.
7. When trying to request a supervisor, initially none were to be found

I am still dealing with issues with this order. I will never order online again and am currently doubtful that I will ever shop at IKEA again after this. I will not recommend this to any family or friends or even acquaintances. Multiple hours/days were wasted on this order. Time off work was wasted. Worst experience and customer service ever. I expected more from such a large organization and am severely disappointed

• Goods purchased & cost