Be warned!

Guest's review of Ikea - www.ikea.com

“Be warned!”

Written on: 10/12/2013

Just don't do it. Their customer service is so bad. I've just had a really stressful 5 days just trying to get through to customer services.
I made an online purchase on 29/11/13 and was given an estimated delivery date of 12/12/13 with a promise of a firm delivery date within 72 hours. This date arrived after 5 days by text and it was for the 31/12/12 which was too late for me. I phoned to cancel the order. The wait was 60 minutes! I gave up after 30 and emailed instead. It said to expect a reply within 3 days. As I wanted my money back to buy elsewhere, I tried to phone at various times of day and the wait was always 45 or 60 minutes. In desperation I waited and I finally got through after 45 minutes this evening. I received a reply to my email a few minutes after my call to them! this reply took over 5 days!
I've wasted so much valuable time over this and, having since looked at other reviews, am not the only one.
My advice to Ikea is, if you cannot do 'online' right, don't do it at all.

• £810