terrible, go elsewhere you have been warned

paterson32's review of Habitat - www.habitat.co.uk

“terrible, go elsewhere you have been warned”

Written on: 15/01/2014 by paterson32 (1 review written)

35 minutes ago
Terrible, please go elsewhere for your furniture!

I ordered a piece of furniture from habitat approx 1 month ago, and was informed there was a wait, fine i thought i'm not in a hurry but a month is quite a long time,however, they told me that it'd be delivered between 9-5, great, i thought.

Then today i get a text to tell me that it'll be coming between3.30 and 7.30 (factoring in traffic in central London it could be as late as 8.30pm) So i called customer services and asked if i could cancel the delivery and i'd arrange to collect it, I was told no this is not an option, and i also was informed that i'm last on the list of deliveries to be delivered to which again was set in concrete and could not be changed.

Given that i've booked the day of work and booked a handyman to build the item (it's a 2 man job)between 9-5 it's cost me a lot of money and they're nonchalant" customer services" are very unhelpful, in a "computer says no" manner, if they had given me the correct time when i ordered it i may have avoided taking the day of or at least gone in in the morning,

I have emailed them but no response as yet.

If they hadn't taken my money already, i'd have found something else, with another company,who have a more flexible delivery system, i wish i'd read some of the terrible reviews before i ordered, never again!

• Goods purchased & cost