Delivery man would't assemble table, contrary to sales info.

Guest's review of Habitat - www.habitat.co.uk

“Delivery man would't assemble table, contrary to sales...”

Written on: 23/02/2013

I bought a small console table from Habitat Tottenham Court Road, and explained I did not want flat pack, was assured it was NOT flat pack and was told the delivery people would definitely unpack the table for me.
However on delivery which was prompt, they would not take the table out of box as said they are not allowed to.
It probably only needed the legs fitted as the top was with three drawers and from size of box am sure it was not strictly flat pack. The driver told me his firm have lost the delivery contract!

The information from sales in store was inaccurate and we all wasted our time. I now have a job to get the money refunded as when I called the store they told me to call customer service about a refund, on 08444 99 46 86 . Customer Service then informed me they can't do anything - I have to go back to the store I bought the item from. I gave my order number in both places and they could not tell me the name of the sales man who mis informed me. I don't think he knew as I suspect there has been a conflict with the delivery people. Just hope the sales man will be as helpful with the refund as he was with the sale. This should be resolved over the phone I am not a happy bunny!

• £200 +