damaged headboard on bed

Guest's review of Furniture 24/7 - www.furniture247.co.uk

“damaged headboard on bed”

Written on: 19/07/2012

I ordered a Corona king size bed with mattress on the 18th July 2012. they phoned me 5 minutes after me placing my order to confirm. My bed was delivered about 10.45 am the following day. The delivery driver didnt hang about and in fact asked me to help him get the mattress out of the van! Upon inspecting the goods which i did after the delivery driver had left in a hurry i found the headboard was damaged. I rang Furniture 247 to be told i had to take a photo of the damage and email it to them. I did this and was told they would send a replacement the next day and would ring me to confirm this shortly afterwards. I went to work and returned home receiving no phone call. I again phoned them and spoke to a different person this time. He was very rude and basically said company policy was if i hadnt inspected the goods before the delivery driver had left then basically tough, i was stuck with a damaged bed. i said i was not happy with this and he said he would have to speak to the Director and call me back. Upon my husband returning home from work he also rang them a number of times and was either cut off or they didnt answer at all. This is one of the worst companys i have ever dealt with, i will never be using them again and will make sure anyone i know will not give them any business.

• corona king size bed and mattress costing £319.99

Wildebeest's Comment

Written on: 20/07/2012

Hi.. my advice, phone "consumer direct" tell them whats happened & ask them how to cancel the order formally by letter as it has to be worded right. By law they must refund you within 30 days of the date on your letter of cancellation. But trust me, they wont refund you - we gave them 50 days. Your only hope is to go to your bank and ask for a "chargeback" - visa debit or credit card all the banks are signed up to the chargeback scheme but you have to be demanding and really push them to help. If they refuse, phone the "financial ombudsman" and they will force your bank to help. Report all this to trading standards too. One last thing, dont wait - you could lose your right to a chargeback if you wait too long. Good luck.

Yvinne's Comment

Written on: 20/07/2012

I had the same fate! The manager was so rude! even you asked for refund i don't think anyone actually got it before!