Unacceptable & outrageous

Guest's review of Dreams www.dreams.co.uk

“Unacceptable and outrageous”

Written on: 22/05/2013

I purchased a lucia brown bed from dreams on the 4the march, the bed was IN STOCK when I ordered and paid for it, and got a delivery date of the 25the march, I went in to the shop in southampton and informed them that the sale of the new house was delayed and could I change the date, I was informed that if I did that I would lose the bed?? however I could change the address and the bed would still be mine ( which I thought it was as I ordered it and paid for it when it was in stock), I get a phone call yesterday 3 days before delivery informing me that the bed was out of stock, I told him that the bed belonged to me as I paid for it and it was in stock I am only changing the address not the delivery date, but he would not do anything except say sorry and told me to ring cust services, which I did today and they said the same that they were sorry, they offered me another bed In BLACK which I don't want as I particularly wanted brown, I find this unacceptable as the bed was bought and paid for and it stock, so in my understanding it belongs to me just because I changed the delivery address they have no right to give it to someone else and tell me it is out of stock, I cant imagine Dreams does a lot of business and I presume is struggling in this industry--- if they treat the few people that actually buy stuff from them like this, what will be next ???