Lost nearly 270 GBP in 72hrs just for cancellation of order

venkatas's review of Dreams www.dreams.co.uk

“Lost nearly 270 GBP in 72hrs just for cancellation of...”

Written on: 16/05/2013 by venkatas (1 review written)

It is quite unfortunate that being ex-customer of dreams, I had to suffer a loss of 20% for my recent order. The order was made late in the evening on Bank holiday Monday 6th and had to cancel it on Thursday morning the 9th due to some personal reasons. But dreams sales adviser said I have to speak to the customer service, who in turn said I need to pay 20% of total order as cancellation charges after 24hrs. I felt quite unjustifiable if a customer doesnt have a cooling off period of even a 1wk to cancel a product.

This point of cancellation charges, honestly was not revealed to me by the sales adviser in the stores, if so, probably I would not have completed the order same day.

I personally feel this is infringement of customer rights. An order was made and cancelled within one week and no item was made or delivered but still a cost of 20% just for the cancellation?, its very painful and I feel this should be highlighted with bold letters in the terms and conditions.

Details:
Two ward robes were ordered at Dreams, Ashford, Kent.

• Other