Trainline ticket Derby to London next day return £258.50 !!?

99Mary99's review of The Trainline www.thetrainline.com

“Trainline ticket Derby to London next day return...”

Written on: 22/07/2014 by 99Mary99 (1 review written)

I wanted to travel off peak from Derby to London 2nd June returning 3rd June, Trainline charged me £258.50 . I will never buy from trainline again, they are the biggest cons ever. i bought a ticket on line to London, but it seems the one i chose was for one day travel. they refused to return my money. I wanted a return ticket off peak left at 5 in the evening and returning next day at 9 pm. but trainline charged me £192.50 just to go to London, one way!!?? they said i have clicked on the wrong option. I wanted a next day return but it seems i clicked on the one day travel ticket. So i had to pay another £66 to return to Derby on the next day at 9 in the evening.
I asked trainline to refund the return part of my one day travel ticket and they refused. I wanted to change my ticket and they refused.

it is very crafty of them to put the options next to each other, I wonder how many more people have made the same mistake.

never buy from trainline, they are the biggest cons.

Visit thetrainline.com

Yasmin2210's Response to 99Mary99's Review

Written on: 22/07/2014

Trainline charge a lot more than normal, their service is terrible, their website is very deceiving on purpose.

Thetrainline.com's Response to 99Mary99's Review

Written on: 23/07/2014

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you've purchased the wrong ticket and this has led to some frustrations. It’s also disappointing to hear that you both believe the website is intentionally deceiving. I can assure you that this is certainly not our intention.

£258.50 is a lot to pay, but the pricing (and restrictions) is not something that we control. As an online ticket retailer we sell train tickets on behalf of the train operators. They are the ones that set the T&C’s for each ticket type.

We've invested a lot of time and money into helping our customers find the best deals possible. It is worth remembering that the cheapest tickets are released 12 weeks in advance of the journey. We also have some really handy hints and tips to help you save. These can be found in the ‘tools’ section of the website. This is the very last tab running along the top of the homepage.

Thanks,