Terrible "track" record!

kceyeguy's review of The Trainline www.thetrainline.com

“Terrible "track" record!”

Written on: 14/07/2014 by kceyeguy (1 review written)

I attempted to purchase tickets from thetrainline.com while traveling on a cruise. I logged into the very expensive on board wifi system in an effort to reserve 2 tickets from our cruise port in Harwich to London. Unfortunately,their system told me the "transaction could not be completed due to a bank card security issue". As a result, I purchased my tickets directly from station once we reached the port. A few days after my trip I discovered that the charge for the online tickets from thetrainline.com showed up on my credit card after all. I'm not sure why their system told me the card had not been processed when it appears it had. I assumed that I could explain the situation to customer service and they could see that my card was charged, but that no tickets were actually delivered or ever used. I have been fighting with them for 2 weeks now refund, but they will not own up to the fact that their own system gave me faulty information. Customer service appears to be outsourced to India as all agents have Indian names. they are also clearly trained to never give a refund under any circumstances. At first they told me to show that I purchased replacement tickets and they would refund me. Then after doing this they wanted my credit card statement. Finally, they are now making up an excuse that they have the wrong email address and are therefore unable to offer a refund. They have wasted 5 or 6 hours of my life at this point. Don't give them the opportunity to do the same to you!

Visit thetrainline.com

Thetrainline.com's Response to kceyeguy's Review

Written on: 16/07/2014

Hi

I'm really sorry to hear about this experience.

It's really difficult to make any comment on it since this issue is quite specific and I would need more info to investigate.

With any booking, you should be advised online when the booking is complete. An email confirmation is also sent to the customer. If the email address is incorrect at the time of booking then it can make it difficult to trace and is probably the reason the agents have asked you for a copy statement.

It certainly shouldn't take two weeks to resolve but there are other ways to get in touch with us. We are also available on social media or web chat.

I really hope this has been resolved by now.

Joanne