Monies illegally taken out of account

Guest's review of Make My Trip, www.makemytrip.com

“Monies illegally taken out of account”

Written on: 28/02/2012

I had transacted with make my trip and upon receipt of confirmation of hotel booking it was stated that flight confirmation would be received after 30 minutes. After 2 hours there was still no confirmation e ticket. i emailed with no response. after the weekend there was still no response. when i contacted make my trip and spoke to Shanky she advised there was no such booking on their system and i must contact them after 2 hours due to system problems. i immediately advised that i wanted to cancel but she refused to accept my cancellation and still wanted to go ahead with the transaction which was not on their system. i was leaving in 2 days and this was not acceptable. i cancelled with the hotel directly and received feedback from the manager saying that it was noted with no charges. there was no flight to cancel as there was no booking in the first place. upon arrival in india i found my bank account emptied. make my trip had illegally taken out monies despite me cancelling the booking. when i queried with them they said that i did not cancel although i had proof and reference numbers from them for that cancellation. they only gave me half my money back and the rest was apparently for cancellations fees (although no booking was made in the first place). i would definately not recommend make my trip to anybody. as a foreigner to their country they felt nothing leaving me stranded without food or means of going anywhere. they are only interested in your money and their level of service is pathetic. I hope this happens to Shanky so she would know what it feels like going to a foreign country, not having any money for food because your money was stolen from your bank account. im not going to leave this lying down. i have ground to sue make my trip and will definately do so to make sure no one else gets to experience what i did.