Will never use this company again.

aaron.livingstone's review of Holiday Genie www.holidaygenie.com

“Will never use this company again.”

Written on: 13/05/2014 by aaron.livingstone (1 review written)

I have never dealt with a worse company in the 24 years I have been on this earth. From the moment I bought my ticket with the company, I have had nothing but trouble with them. Originally, there was a problem with the payment for my ticket. The customer service team was highly disrespectful, mocked me, provided me with fake names, refused to put me through to any managers and ended up getting nothing resolved. I managed to eventually contact the manager/owner of Holiday Genie, to which I received word that he would put it right and make sure the payment went through and my ticket was issued. However, more recently, I had a tragedy in my family and needed to cancel my ticket. After e-mailing both the company and the owner/manager several times over the past 2 weeks, now with it being less than 48 hours to my flight, they finally replied to me telling me that due to how close the date was to the date of departure, they could only provide me with a partial tax refund of £90 (I spent over £400 on my flight). Once again, I have tried to contact the owner/manager, with no response, and had to go through their terrible customer service staff again who, once again, refuse to put me through to any manager and who are insulting and fail to grasp even the simplest of concepts.

My recommendation to any and everyone would be to save yourself the trouble and avoid this company like the plague. Even if you have to spend an extra £30 or £40 on a flight, do it. I will never forget the disgusting treatment I have suffered at the hands of this company.