Got cheap Internet Flights but no tickets

curdie's review of Holiday Genie www.holidaygenie.com

“Got cheap Internet Flights but no tickets”

Written on: 15/04/2014 by curdie (2 reviews written)

I booked return flights to Sydney from London through Holiday Genie.

After swiftly taking my money, I waited for E-tickets to be sent through. Needless to say these didnt materialise.

I contacted the customer services/administration team on a number of occasions over the next few weeks (at least 10 times), and promises were made to send out my e-tickets within a day or so but nothing happened. The customer service was terrible (I didn't expect it to be good so no complaints here), but I at least wanted re-assurance and an explanation of the delay for peace of mind. Additionally some (not all) staff were rude, and was hung up on twice.

Finally I contacted the airline directly (British Airways) who informed me that the tickets hadnt been booked.

When I asked for a refund, I was told that it had to be put in writing, and would take 8 weeks. Happily I got a full refund within a few days, no confirmation from them as to why though.

Would strongly not recommend using this company.