European Destinations, www.europeandestinations.com Review

Trystand53's review of European Destinations, www.europeandestinations.com

“Dreadful. I'm disgusted I have to even rate with one...”

Written on: 10/08/2014 by Trystand53 (1 review written)

Dreadful. I'm disgusted I have to even rate with one star. Sly and deceitful. Non-responsive. They are not even reachable by telephone; email only! Proceed with EXTREME CAUTION should you book through this company. Our flight itinerary has changed a dozen times and we're still 80 days from departure. Oh and don't expect a full refund should you cancel as they are quick to reference the fine print never mentioned on the front end. Identical posts and prices for the same package, on the same travel days, with the difference of a single asterisk (*) in the trip description. I'll gladly give $750 of my hard-earned money to delete you from my life, European Destinations.

Solarreply's Comment

Written on: 05/11/2014

For the record, I am an employee of Solar Tours, the parent company of Tripmasters, and European Destinations. I can see that the traveler has had a difficult time of it, and for that we apologize. Unfortunately, there isn't enough information to adequately research the specific issues, but I will address what I can. First, the notion that our customer service reps are only available by email is simply incorrect. We have phone,and chat available 24 hours a day.

Regarding full refunds, I think anyone who has traveled anytime in the 21st century knows that unless you are paying for upper class flight, and even then full refunds are a thing of the past, and we do not set the cancellation policies for the airlines or the hotels. We merely pass it on. I can't address the flight changes, but a dozen times sounds highly unusual. Airlines do change schedules, and prices may change, if the booking wasn't completed within a short time from the initial booking, but 12 times is not normal or acceptable, and I like the opportunity to research this in depth. So if the traveler reads this I will be happy to track down the issue, and if we are at fault, attempt to rectify.

Finally, the nature of online reviews and complaints is that they are very easy to generate, but very difficult to remove, and posters rarely feel obligated to retract or update them. We appreciate that in this case we had and opportunity to set the record straight, and I would point out that this compliant is surrounded by a much lager number positive reviews. Unfortunately the negative comments seem to stand out more, but all we can do is address them, take responsibility when we are at fault, and get back to providing a great service for our customers.