Time better spent elsewhere. *Horrific* experience.

zcslee's review of Beauty Bay www.beautybay.com

“Time better spent elsewhere. *Horrific* experience.”

Written on: 13/02/2014 by zcslee (1 review written)

Placed my order almost 3 weeks ago and they told me to wait for 20 *working* days for it to arrive. And the tracking function was down so I had no idea where my order is now, nor can I track it. Customer service just told me to wait and they said they can't do anything. They couldn't even give me the details of where my order is. The best part is, I don't know if the item will arrive because I usually receive my items within 2 weeks ordering from other sites. I could have just bought the items on other websites or even in a physical location. Horrific customer service and delivery time. I usually don't write reviews but I thought I should alert all of you re. this.

*UPDATE - See below for their response on my query:

BeautyBay.com Customer Services (BEAUTYBAY.com)
06 Feb 08:08
Hi [XX]
Thank you for contacting Beautybay regarding your order.
We're sorry to hear your order has taken longer than expected.

Whilst we strive to excel in our delivery estimates, unfortunately our Tracked delivery option does not have guaranteed delivery date. We do, however, offer a guaranteed tracked service, called International Express and we're the first beauty retailer to offer this expedited service for free, to certain countries where the order value exceeds a threshold. [THIS DOES NOT ANSWER OR ADDRESS THE ISSUE THAT THE ORDER HAS NOT ARRIVED YET. I PLACED THE ORDER ALMOST THREE WEEKS AGO. THEY SAID THEY'LL GIVE ME THE TRACKING UPDATE BECAUSE THERE WAS ERROR IN THE SYSTEM BUT I HAVE RECEIVED NO NEWS FOR A WEEK; NO UPDATES, WHATSOEVER] Hopefully [WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY HOPEFULLY?] your order will arrive soon, but, if you need your beauty fixes quicker, be sure to use our Express service in future. [THIS IS JUST LAYING THE BLAME ON THE CUSTOMER, NOT TAKING RESPONSIBILITY AS A COMPANY - THEY SHOULD HAVE JUST LET CUSTOMERS KNOW UPFRONT THAT IT WILL TAKE OVER 3 WEEKS, IF EVER, FOR YOUR ORDER TO ARRIVE IF YOU CHOOSE THE TRACK MAIL OPTION]

In the meantime, please see below for your order tracking information.
Please visit website::: trackmail.co.uk
[THE TRACKING INFORMATION HAS NOT BEEN WORKING FOR WEEKS, AND THEY SAID THEY'D FIX IT, WITH NO AVAIL]

I have shopped online quite a lot and ordered from companies overseas in North America and Europe; I've even ordered from companies in mainland China. Never have I encountered a company with such HORRIFIC customer service. And I would not expect such level of service to be from a company based in the UK.

• Beauty Products