Beware!!

Guest's review of Vintage Wine Gifts www.vintagewinegifts.co.uk

“Beware!!”

Written on: 04/02/2014

I'm a wine buff that spends a lot of time in California. Friend ordered a 2002 bottle of chardonnay as a surprise Christmas gift - she knows nothing about wine. I was surprised that ANYONE would be selling a new world chardonnay of this age. Sure enough I opened it and all I can say is my mahogany sideboard was a lighter colour. I won't embarrass my friend by telling her and I certainly wasn't going to try to get an opened bottle of wine back to them in one piece so it went down the sink. My email to them has garnered no response.

For a company that purports to know about wine - ripping people off by selling (assume this was a bin end) wines that have virtually a zero chance of being drinkable is appalling.

• Goods purchased & cost

Mytrivet's Comment

Written on: 11/02/2014

Update - I did hear back from Vintage Wine Gifts and they sent me a replacement bottle of wine which was very nice.