FindMY Past - my preferred family history site

bob-smith's review of -

“FindMY Past - my preferred family history site”

Written on: 18/08/2013 by bob-smith (1 review written)

I've been a user and subscriber to FindMyPast for a number of years now and I think it has developed into a very good tool for family history researchers. When I started researching my family history I used to rely on trips to the Family Research Centre in London to carry out Birth, Marriage and Death index searches. Progress was inevitably very slow. Having access to online search facilities was a massive step forward, and the improvements that have been made in the approach to searches over the last couple of years has made research so much easier.

I have had an annual subscription to FindMyPast for a few years now and feel that it would be excellent value for anybody starting to research their family history. It is now possible to make great progress in a relatively short period of time. However, once you get beyond the Census records and BMI indexes, progress is much slower, and in order to justify continued subscription FindMy Past does need to continue to add Parish Records, and I would prefer the pace of that work to be increased.

I find the site easy to use, and when I have reported transcription errors they have always been responded to in a timely and efficient manner.