Moderators with too much time & power at their fingertips

• Ease Of Navigation

Guest's review of Talk Photography Forum www.talkphotography.co.uk

“Moderators with too much time and power at their...”

Written on: 16/12/2012

After you wait patiently 60 days and post 25 posts you think it's ok to sell equipment in the classified section. I did this and responded to PMs regarding the equipment. I thought this was OK and polite to do so. Unfortunately one of the moderators took offence and simply banned me from the classified section for a month (during which time I had to post regularly in other areas to prove something). Apart from obviously reading all my private messages, I felt that I was being victimised by responding to other's messages. I felt that this particular moderator was abusing his power in this case.

On a positive note, I found the normal members to be helpful and kind in their comments. It's just a shame that my fleeting brush with this mini Hitler of a moderator has resulted in such an appaling experience.

Too many rules and, it seems, a large dose of making up new ones to suit, makes this a frustrating forum.

• Ease Of Navigation

Studio488's Comment

Written on: 21/01/2013

great review and highly accurate.