iFlorist www.iflorist.co.uk Review

Guest's review of iFlorist www.iflorist.co.uk

“I ordered a bouquet 2 weeks in advance of Mother's Day...”

Written on: 04/04/2014

I ordered a bouquet 2 weeks in advance of Mother's Day for delivery on Sat 29th. I got a confirmation email, but then got bombarded with spam emails right up to and including the 29th reminding me I could still order flower's for Mother's Day. Except that when I spoke to my mother on the Sunday, nothing had arrived. I tried to contact iflorist through phone, email, online - but no response. I wrote a complaint to their customer support line and heard nothing. Then on Tuesday morning (April 1st - appropriately enough) I got an email advising me that my order had been 'successfully delivered'! My mother confirmed that she'd just received the flowers but the bunch was nothing like the one shown in the picture. Less flowers, some of which were wilted, mostly cheap looking carnations and far too much greenery. A messy shoddy looking arrangement. I submitted another complaint email, but it was only today (Friday 4th) that i received a response. Obviously a stock one. And it added insult to injury. Said that after looking into my complaint the reason for the delay was that the order was not UK mainland (my mother lives in Northern Ireland) and therefore such orders sometimes take longer than 24 hours. I could hardly believe they would dare write such a thing. Their own T&C state that if they can't make a delivery date they'll notify by email, and why you can't fulfil an order made 2 weeks in advance, I'm not quite sure. Nowhere on their website or email communications with me can I find any statement about non-mainland delivery. If this had been stated I would not have placed my order with iflorist. But in any case their own T&C specifically state under Section 5 that ALL mother's day orders will be delivered by Mothering Sunday. I am clearly not the only one who has received such shoddy service -and it is notable that their call centre and online chat functions for customer service all seem to have been disabled. Oh and just as a final slap in the face - the above email from their 'support team' explaining reason for delay offered me a £5 voucher to spend on 'my next order' by way of compensation. Are you kidding? I never want to spend a penny with this shoddy company again. Why they are still trading I am not sure - and why the likes of Nectar,promote them - is beyond me.

• The cost and advertised product seemed reasonable, but the product received was not worth the money

• Up to a week late