Only plus was that the "flowers" arrived on time

Theresa399's review of iFlorist www.iflorist.co.uk

“Only plus was that the "flowers" arrived on time”

Written on: 31/03/2014 by Theresa399 (1 review written)

My daughter ordered me a bunch of freesias from flowerfete.co.uk for Mother's Day, impressed by the company's Queen's Award etc. However, although they arrived on time and were well-packaged, I found myself in the horrible position of having to tell her that the so-called freesias weren't freesias at all, but rather a bunch of sad-looking weed-like flowers, which to be honest look as if they're already dead. She then asked me to send her photos, and said that the enclosed card wasn't the one she'd chosen either, though the company had got the message right.

I was then shocked to see all the terrible reviews online which seem to mirror my experience. I wouldn't have paid a couple of quid for these flowers from a market stall at the end of the working day, let alone what they cost my daughter - and something that she did to make me happy has now proved awkward and upsetting for both of us.

I bet many of the few good reviews this company gets are because some recipients don't have the heart to tell the people who paid for the flowers what they were really like.

• Goods purchased & cost