Disgusted with the service & the attitude

lerock's review of iFlorist www.iflorist.co.uk

“Disgusted with the service and the attitude”

Written on: 17/11/2012 by lerock (1 review written)

I must say in strongest possible words that the service from iflorist company was totally unprofessional. Put simply, the flowers I ordered for my daughter to be delivered in Paris did not arrive, for the reason the Live Chat rep did not know except for the vague explanations that it was a courier, whom they could not contact, who was at fault. Result? After two days of Live-Chatting and calling they said they cannot deliver the flowers and I was to cancel the order. My daughter, naturally, was left without flowers. No big dal,you would say? Perhaps. But why bother with the business delivering flowers, then, if not to make someone's day special?

I ordered flowers to be delivered to a hotel in Paris three days prior to the date. I notified the hotel and they were ready to receive the flowers. On the day of delivery the hotel staff alerted me that it was 6pm in Paris and no flowers have arrived. I received no e-mail from iflorists alerting me to any problems. I started a live chat with your international department (as their phone has a standing automated message that the office is closed right now), and one of their reps assured me that if not on that day, but the next day the flowers will be delivered, that the problem was with the courier. I told her in clear terms that I expect your company to fulfill its obligations and deliver the flowers as it promised. The next day the flowers were not delivered either. Again, no e-mail message from the company. Another Live Chat with another rep, who made vague references to some "certain technical problems with the courier", about which he had no idea. Then he said that the flowers will not be delivered either today, nor Sunday, nor Monday. So I had to cancel the order.

Should I go on to tell you what all this meant to me? Or should I spare you ears?

There were a few things that they could have done though. If they anticipated problems, they should have had enough courtesy to let me know in good time so I could have ordered a bouquet from another company. Or, they could have contact another florist but deliver on their promises. What they chose instead is to point their finger at the courier and just let it be.For now, despite all these efforts, vague apologies and unclear explanations, my daughter is without flowers on her special day, and I am really angry.

All they do is to say "Sorry!" readily, as if it makes it all white. So, don't be fooled with pretty flowers on their website and their assertion that they are a "reputable" company. It is up to you to decide how reputable this company is, based on this experience.

• Flower bouquet

• Still waiting

Visit iflorist.co.uk

Weasel255's Response to lerock's Review

Written on: 23/11/2012

I totally agree with this. My girlfriend is studying abroad in France at the moment, and tomorrow is our 6 month anniversary. To some perhaps not the most impressive of occasions, but one that is certainly worth celebrating to us, despite the distance. I thought it would be a nice gesture to send some flowers which she would really enjoy.

6pm today, nothing had shown. So I contacted their useless team, (and by the way, not having somebody to actually call is the most ridiculous idea ever, because the team will willingly ignore pressing questions then), only to be told the courier had technical difficulties. WHAT DIFFICULTIES?!! They have one job, to deliver flowers to an address. I pay them money, they deliver flowers. Easy, right? No, apparently not.

I told them how angry I was and how they had frankly spoilt the occasion. I asked for some sort of compensation, all they could offer me was a £5 voucher, which I refused because I won't be using the service again. Eventually they offered me a refund on my delivery.... £2. Thanks, big help. But beyond the point.

I asked them to deliver tomorrow between the hours of 2-6pm. Apparently they cant guarantee a delivery time. Well that's why I said Friday!! So I told them they should be making the effort to meet these delivery times given the fact they have already failed to uphold their side of the deal once.

After a long time, many pathetic excuses and seemingly automated responses, I finally managed to get them to 'try' to deliver between these times, and requested they called my girlfriend so the flowers could be collected. I'm convinced this will actually happen....

Finally I requested a confirmation email for all of this, to help restore a little faith in their so far feeble service. They agreed and the conversation was ended. I'm still waiting for the email. Way to go....

Seems to me like there is not communication between IFlorist and the couriers at all, and the customer service just wants to go back to playing solitaire.

I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY FOR A SECOND

Will wait and see what happens tomorrow, but to be honest I think by the time my flowers actually arrive they will be dead in the back of the couriers van. Not quite the fresh pastel pink bouquet i ordered.

So all in all, thanks for being useless IFlorist, and sort your service out!! For a company that specialises in international flower delivery, you seem to be pretty terrible at it!

Rant over.

Lerock's reply to Weasel255's Comment

Written on: 26/11/2012

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experince. But I think it is time to take action against this company. I read reviews (albeit belatedly) of thiis company and it is clear that this is their modus operandi. They will not change only because we are ranting here and there. What to do? Spread the word by posting your reviews in many places (I posted on their website as well), but most importantly, I AM GOING TO FILE AN OFFICIAL COMPLIANT at Citizens's Advice Bureau, the office of fair trading and their local trading office (just look it up based on their postal address). I am doing it right now. Good luck.