out of date reduction policy

490Reeves's review of Tesco Flowers www.tesco.com/flowers

“out of date reduction policy”

Written on: 11/05/2014 by 490Reeves (1 review written)

Popped into my local Tesco (Droylsden) and noticed some lovely Peonies..one of my favourites. The sell by date was for that day, so I asked the boy putting out fresh flowers if there were any more. As there were no more Peonies I asked if they would be reduced. He told me that reductions would be made later in the day. I decided not to buy them...the full price was £6. Had to do a little shopping today..the 9th May...and noticed the same Peonies on sale. I went to customer services to ask about reduction where they informed me the staff on the flower department had to do it. As there was nobody on the flower section, another member of staff went to find them He came back to tell me the reduction would be done later in the day, to which i pointed out they were already a day past their sell by date. He then said in that case I would have to wait til after 11Am!!! The time was 10.30Am....Do not understand the logic here...I have tried to find out what Tesco's policy is on this with no luck. I Left the store flowerless!! Staff re-training needed!!!

• Goods purchased & cost