Awful.

madmorgan's review of Teleflora www.teleflora.com

“Awful.”

Written on: 15/05/2012 by madmorgan (1 review written)

Will never do business with Teleflora again. Wish I would have read reviews on the company before purchasing, I would have spent the extra 10 bucks and gone with a different florist. Honestly, it looks like I'm lucky I got my flowers delivered at all!

*ISSUE WITH BOUQUET: "How Sweet It Is" (T46-1A)

Initially, I was really excited about this bouquet because not only was it beautiful, but also the best deal I could find on any of the popular flower delivery sites. I loved the bright pink, orange, and red, thought it was really vibrant and a great choice for Mother's Day.

My mother sent me a photo of her flowers today, and I was honestly surprised. It looks like something else altogether. Admittedly, I know little about flowers and don't have them delivered often. But there is very little color to be seen (at least in the way pictured on the site). The bouquet is mostly pale peach, white, dark red, and green. Doesn't go together at all! Could have gotten a comparable bouquet ANYWHERE.

I realize that Mother's Day is a busy time, so obviously the florist was forced to make different selections. But it doesn't seem like they even tried to capture the spirit of the original selection. And really, I don't feel like I got what I paid for. Why did I spend SO much time picking out a specific bouquet if it isn't going to arrive as pictured? She still likes it, but she also didn't see the site (and I don't intend to show her, it'd only disappoint). Since I live across the country, this was the only gift I was able to arrange for Mother's Day, and it just didn't turn out the way I wanted at all. Color me disappointed.

Also, I think the box of chocolate mints (which, by the way, are only referred to as "chocolates" when you add them to your order - could have been a bit more descriptive there, glad she happens to like mint) looks really cheesy. Really? A fake $100 bill? Nothing more appropriate for Mother's Day? Just sayin.

*ISSUE WITH DELIVERY

Was trying to get them delivered to my mother at work. Flowers/candy didn't arrive until after she had already left the office late in the day. Very disappointing, since I had told her to expect a delivery and she had been excitedly waiting all morning/afternoon.

Since there's no way to check on the status of an order (which I actually think is pretty unbelievable in this day and age), I called Teleflora customer service for a status update. The woman on the phone seemed new/unsure, but still took my mother's home address, and said they could be delivered there if she wasn't at work. They also had her phone number in case they had any trouble reaching her. Nonetheless, the flowers were NOT delivered to her home (thanks for wasting my time again, making me read the address like FOUR times), and were waiting at her office the next morning.

I wish the woman on the phone had just been honest with me, rather than just telling me what I wanted to hear. Because once again, my mom was standing by waiting for flowers that didn't show (and I have to look bad - "I promise, there REALLY is a delivery coming.")

Anyway, I suppose they were technically delivered on time, but she still didn't even get to see them until the next day.

• How Sweet It Is