Poor value for money

JWil's review of Serenata Flowers, www.serenataflowers.com

“Poor value for money”

Written on: 30/09/2013 by JWil (1 review written)

We ordered a bouquet pictured and described as having 12 stems in it but the delivery came and it was literally 8 stems in bud so the bouquet was able to be held with two fingers!! This was at a cost of £24.95

It was extremely embarrassing presenting this to a colleague who was leaving and even after a few days of allowing the buds to bloom they still fit in a small vase and it was the 2 lillies that took up most of the space. The picture clearly shows at least 3 lilies, 3 gerberas (of which there was 1) and 'filler' stems.

I compared prices with Waitrose, M&S and Tesco and could have bought the equivalent for £7.95.....we were appalled by the poor value for money and simple fact that the website says 12 stems and we got 8, only 4 of which were decent sized flowers once bloomed.

I submitted photos to prove this and literally less than 5 minutes later I got an email to say there is nothing wrong with the delivered bunch so the Company had quite obviously made up their mind to decline our complaint without giving due consideration to the quality and value for money.

I was also not able to leave a review on the site as they had disabled my account!! Talk about fair trading!

I will say that the delivery process was swift but the value for money is poor and I would recommend anyone to just visit their local supermarket instead.

• Bouquet £24.95