Flowers arrived separate from gift by 9 hours!

burnthouse's review of Marks and Spencer Flowers www.marksandspencer.com/flowers

“Flowers arrived separate from gift by 9 hours!”

Written on: 07/04/2014 by burnthouse (1 review written)

I ordered a bouquet of flowers for my wife's birthday on 18 March for delivery on 26 March. Plenty of notice. The web site invited me to include an additional gift and I chose a bottle of champagne. I filled in a gift card and paid up.

At just before 0800 on 26 March a van stopped outside the house and delivered the champagne. The driver wanted a signature but no gift message and no flowers. A plain package for the wine also.

I waited patiently all day until 1745 when my wife noticed a fleeting figure who left the flowers at the front door, rang the doorbell and rapidly disappeared. No signature this time and no checking this was the right house.

M&S have been OK before but I would really have appreciated the flowers and champagne together. By the time the flowers arrived the main part of the birthday was over.

• £65