M&S Delivery farce - just give up & shop elsewhere

fletch106's review of Marks and Spencer Flowers www.marksandspencer.com/flowers

“M&S Delivery farce - just give up and shop elsewhere”

Written on: 14/10/2013 by fletch106 (2 reviews written)

I attempted to have a case of 12 bottles of wine delivered, as a gift. After paying extra for a specific delivery date, all appeared well. The recipient waited around for the delivery, which of course never arrived. A machine-generated email popped up, announcing "we are sorry your order has not been dispatched... " followed by some platitudes "we know this is disappointing...etc". Calls to customer services resulted in more "it's sorted now" and free voucher offers (I JUST WANT THE GOODS!). Second delivery date... same thing. More calls to customer services. Different excuses. Rebooked... No delivery and the same old "we are sorry..." email.
In total 5 (yes, FIVE) times this happened. M&S then emailed to announce that the wine we had ordered was "popular" and therefore out of stock. M&S cancelled the order out of hand. On their "track my order" page there is no evidence it ever existed! VANISHED!

Take my advice, don't buy anything from this company on-line. Marks and Spencer is simply a joke. I hope the management read these comments... although not as much as I hope potential customers do... and save themselves weeks of hassle!

• Never arrived!