M&S FLOWERS - NON-DELIVERY

LynnAshworth's review of Marks and Spencer Flowers www.marksandspencer.com/flowers

“M&S FLOWERS - NON-DELIVERY”

Written on: 03/09/2013 by LynnAshworth (1 review written)

I ordered a bouquet online for my friends's 50th birthday and was advised that I would receive a text message when the bouquet had been delivered. I did not receive a text message on the day of delivery but assumed that all was well, expecting that I would have been contacted had there been a problem, given that they had my number. I happened to speak to my friend 4 days after the expected delivery and was horrified to discover that the flowers had not arrived. I checked the website and my order stated that they had been despatched and delivered. My friend confirmed that no neighbours had taken in any flowers so I phoned M&S to enquire and was advised that the flowers were damaged and were returned by the courier. I do appreciate that flowers are delicate items and that accidents happen, but for no-one to contact me either on the day, or thereafter, was extremely disappointing to say the least. My bank account had not been credited with the money either. Having had a mere "sorry" from the M&S representative over the phone, I asked for the money to be credited to my account and proceeded to e-mail M&S through their website, expressing my surprise and disappointment at their poor customer service. That was almost one week ago and I have heard absolutely nothing! I have since arranged delivery of flowers via another provider. I truly believed M&S to be a quality choice and a very safe option but I was very wrong. Be aware that if you place an order for flowers, not only may it not be delivered but worse than that, you may receive no communication whatsoever thereafter, either by way of telephone or e-mail!

• Floral bouquet - £35