DISAPPOINTED CUSTOMER

Guest's review of Marks and Spencer Flowers www.marksandspencer.com/flowers

“DISAPPOINTED CUSTOMER”

Written on: 11/08/2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

I ordered my friend's Birthday Roses and Lily Bouquet as usual this year, and was mortified to hear from her that although the first one arrived on the nominated day, the quality of the flowers was certainly not up to Marks and Spencer's high standard.They appeared withered and dried up.My friend not wishing to let me know, rang M&S and complained.Another bouquet was delivered the following day, her birthday, and sadly they were exactly the same, very poor quality.After chatting to her she explained she did not wish to tell me knowing I would be upset.She is awaiting a letter of apology and a voucher so she can purchase her own fresh bouquet in store.
Perhaps the new method of not using water in the packaging is not entirely successful.I will think twice about using this service again which is a pity

• Goods purchased & cost

Objoyful's Comment

Written on: 04/04/2014

I absolutely agree about the 'no water' policy. However laudable this aim, and it is, it is not working.
A bouquet arrived from my son for me on Mother's Day afternoon. I did exactly as instructed;, cut the ends, put in the liquid feed and put them in water up to their necks. The chrysanthemums were droopy and one effectively dead. The roses were fully out with curly outer petals. They did not rehydrate as on the instructions. It is horrid to have to tell someone that your gift is not up to standard. But I did tell my son and he contacted M&S. To their credit they gave him a full refund, a fresh bouquet for me and a £10 voucher. Sadly the second bouquet - again 'no water' - was not a lot better but I haven't the heart to tell him again. It spoils the pleasure of the gift to keep complaining.