In transit too long

Guest's review of Marks and Spencer Flowers www.marksandspencer.com/flowers

“In transit too long”

Written on: 14/03/2013

I ordered the Pink Autograph Rose Bouquet on 1st March for my aunt's 80th birthday. I chose the nominated day 4th March because that was the day of her birthday.

I received an email on 3rd March to say they had been dispatched. The dispatch time is unknown but the email was timed at 20.12.

I phoned my aunt on her birthday and they had not been delivered.

They were finally delivered a day late on 5th March at around 15.27 according to the Citilink website tracking.

Had I known that the nominated day was only a guide I would not have purchased from this online store.

This means they had beein transit for a day and two nights. This is not an acceptable way to treat fresh flowers.

They were supposed to have a 7 day freshness guarantee but I doubt if my aunt will be looking at them for 7 days.

I expect that other reviewers have found that you can only give feedback on the store's website for items but not for delivery.

Other stores do not have this policy.

• The Autograph Pink Rose. Bouquet £35