no such thing as free flowers (or paid-for chocolates)

Guest's review of Flying Flowers www.flyingflowers.com

“no such thing as free flowers (or paid-for chocolates)”

Written on: 21/03/2013

FLYING FLOWERS is the worst service I have ever encountered!

I am in my 60s, and this is the first time that I have gone onto the internet in order to find a place to make a complaint.

I see on their website that they are offering 'free chocolates' with their Easter deliveries - DO NOT BELIEVE THEM!

Somewhere in the small print it apparently says that the offer is 'subject to availability' - but they will continue to take the order.

My daughter ordered flowers with free chocolates for Mother's Day (10th March)/ my birthday (11th March), plus another box of chocolates which she paid for. She was told that although this was a Mothers Day offer they could not be delivered until Tuesday 12th.

On 12th the flowers arrived. I happened to notice a tiny reference to chocolates printed on the accompanying card and rang on 13th.

APPALLING customer service. Waited for ages on the 0844 number only to speak to a young woman who was rude, cut me off, said the chocs were only 'subject to availability' and I would not be getting them. She said all the supervisors were busy and would not take my call. I realised that I was in the middle of a storm of calls, and continued ... Finally, she agreed to check the order and admitted that I should have had TWO boxes of chocs, one free and one paid for. No apologies. In the end, she sighed and crossly agreed to give me a slightly larger box of chocs.

NINE DAYS LATER, nothing has arrived. Another call to the 0844 number. I am still hoping to get my chocolates, before my daughter comes home for the Easter holidays.

She is a student, and said that the offer was advertised on a student website - it looked a really attractive Mothers Day offer to young people with little money living away from home.

How many mothers and their children have been upset by the company's inability to meet their offer? Can anyone get the company to admit a figure?

It is disgraceful to cause so much distress on an emotional occasion like Mother's Day - to advertise an offer which the company clearly had no capacity to meet. IF THEY HAD RUN OUT OF CHOCOLATES THEY SHOULD HAVE CLOSED THE OFFER AND ACCEPTED NO MORE ORDERS RATHER THAN CREATE SUCH DISAPPOINTMENT TO SO MANY FAMILIES.

• Goods purchased & cost

• Still waiting

Tiggiewe's Comment

Written on: 28/03/2013

I have just posted a review, one week after yours, and omitted to say that my friend was delighted to receive chocolates too. However, regarding your attempt to contact services, I felt similar frustration as their email address was not accessible for some reason, hence my reason for posting a review. I did not try the 0844 number as I have discovered to my cost in the past that this number carries with it a charge in just the dialling, without even connecting.