Cheap & not at all cheerful

Guest's review of Bunches www.bunches.co.uk

“Cheap and not at all cheerful”

Written on: 21/06/2013

I ordered their new butterfly blossom bouquet to be delivered to myself to give to my mum when she came round for dinner that evening. I was truly shocked when I opened the box. It was very hot, humid weather at the time & the flowers are not supplied with any water whatsoever, so not suprisingly on opening them most of the smaller more delicate flowers had wilted beyond saving. The delicate flowers had also been crushed by the much heavier lillies, & lots of the stems were broken. There was a large amount of cheap & nasty gypsophilia, some of which was starting to turn black.
The bouquet was supposed to be decorated with lavender coloured felt butterflies, but in actual fact what I arrived was very tacky looking foam material butterflies that were a hot pink colour, again, this just looked cheap.
I can't believe how different the picture is on their website to what I received. I'm just glad I got to see them before my Mum received them. Most of the bouquet ended up in the bin, & I bought my Mum a fantastic new bunch from interflora instead. Be warned, if you want to guarantee fresh, undamaged, healthy flowers, spend a bit more and go somewhere else for them.

• Goods purchased & cost