Bloody useless!

Heather1956's review of Asda Flowers www.asda-flowers.co.uk

“Bloody useless!”

Written on: 05/02/2014 by Heather1956 (1 review written)

Best advice to everyone. Do NOT use Asda flower delivery service. I ordered flowers on 3rd February to be delivered to an address near Bangor in Wales. Unfortunately I put the wrong post code on the delivery address so although the address was in Bangor the post code was for an area of Aberdeen. The flowers were to be delivered on Monday but did not arrive. I phoned on Tuesday morning and during the discussion with the young man who answered the phone I realised my mistake and pointed it out to him. He said that the tracking showed that the flowers had been delivered to the depot closest to the post code given and had been taken out by the courier but returned to the depot. This is not surprising as they would not have been able to find a house in Bangor in Aberdeen. I accepted that the mistake was mine and asked what could be done about it. Nothing was the answer as the flowers would be destroyed. I asked why I had not been called by the courier when they saw the discrepancy in the address and post code and was told that this was entirely up to the drivers discretion as he would be using his own personal phone!!
I lost my money on this order.
The people who the flowers were intended for were very disappointed when I explained what had happened and so as not to disappoint them further I re-ordered another similiar bouquet from Asda to be delivered on Wednesday giving the correct address and post code this time. Big mistake! This bouquet also did not arrive. I contacted the help number at 5.30pm on Wednesday to have the tracking of the delivery checked and was told that the courier had attempted to make the delivery at 12.30pm and could not get an answer so left them on the porch. The couple who had been expecting the flowers to be delivered live at the top of a hill in an isolated cottage and had been waiting all day for the delivery which had definitely NOT been made. They are an elderly couple who spend most of their time sitting at a window which overlook the road running up to their cottage and would have heard the van arriving before anyone rang the bell. God knows where this bouquet has ended up. Needless to say when it was offered for a fresh bouquet to be delivered by the operator I politely declined and will absolutely never, ever, use Asda flower delivery service again. Have now ordered with another specialised flower delivery company for Friday so, fingers crossed.

• Goods purchased & cost