Items never turned up - Tesco Direct not interested

MR24's review of Tesco Direct - www.tesco.com/direct

“Items never turned up - Tesco Direct not interested”

Written on: 21/03/2013 by MR24 (2 reviews written)

Purchased champagne glasses through Tesco Direct. Received an email a few days later to say they were dispatched from a third party - MyDeco - with a delivery due within 5 days. They didn't turn up after a week so I phoned MyDeco directly. MyDeco were very sympathetic and phoned the Supplier to arrange for replacement glasses to be couriered on a Next Day Delivery as I desperately needed them for a wedding present 2 days later. The following day, MyDeco contacted me again to apologise as the Supplier's courier hadn't turned up so the items would not be delivered. Nothing could be done as I needed the glasses immediately. They apologised profusely and issued a refund. I contacted Tesco Direct via the website to complain at this very poor service. They phoned and offered "sincere" apologies but said it was basically nothing to do with them. I requested that a manager phone me too and she was equally unhelpful.

Massively let down by Tesco Direct and their seller MyDeco. Extremely disappointed that Tesco washed their hands of it all once something went wrong. No gesture of goodwill just some empty words. Was told by both TescoDirect staff members that if the item had come directly from Tesco they would have offered some gesture for the very poor service I received but they absolutely refused to offer any gesture in my case. I have now had to rush out and by a replacement product at a higher cost. Completely unacceptable that items fail to be delivered 2 weeks after the order. Never again.

• Goods purchased & cost