I love internet shopping, but I hate Play.com!

Guest's review of Play www.play.com

“I love internet shopping, but I hate Play.com!”

Written on: 11/04/2012

I have only used the website once- but that was enough. I found a nice sweater on there that was cheaper than many of the high street shops and bought it for a christmas present. First they sent the wrong item. I arranged for them to pick this up and re-deliver the correct item (I had to call somewhere in Asia to do this).

Then the replacement item which was sent was the wrong colour. By this point it was too close to Christmas to return the item.

I informed them of the error- I had to trawl through forums to find their customer service email as it wasn't anywhere on their website! All they said was that they were sorry and would strive to improve! No mention of compensation or anything similar after the stress and additional time it took me to sort it out (like spending 20 mins on hold).

I religiously use Ebay, Amazon etc and have never had such terrible customer service.
Next time I will pay the extra £10 and avoid Play.com like the plague!!

• Knitwear £59