Beware of promised delivery dates

Guest's review of Not On The High Street www.notonthehighstreet.com

“Beware of promised delivery dates”

Written on: 13/02/2014

I ordered a product on a Saturday evening.Next to this item it stated that if I ordered today I would receive the item on or before Tuesday.I waited for the delivery for 2 days. Then,on Tuesday I received an email from NOTHS saying that my order had been accepted!The expected delivery day was now Friday. I emailed NOTHS to ask how the package was being sent:courier;Royal Mail etc.They forwarded my email to their supplier who emailed back that it had been sent 2nd class that day (Tuesday) and usually takes 2 to 3 days. There was no way that this item was ever going to arrive by Tuesday. I had another look on the NOTHS website,it claimed that if you ordered on the Tuesday, the product would arrive on or before Thursday! Stressful, as, if you are not in when the parcel is delivered, Royal mail need 48 hours before you can collect it from the sorting office and this was a birthday present. Will buy from elsewhere in future.

• Goods purchased & cost