Good product, service, communication

cumberland99's review of Kappsa - www.kappsa.com

“Good product, service, communication”

Written on: 27/09/2013 by cumberland99 (1 review written)

I ordered the Mophie Juice Pack Plus for iPhone 5. At first I was unaware the store operated out of HK. Rightly or wrongly, once I'd realised this I was a little apprehensive. Further research on the Mophie battery packs showed there were a lot of fakes out there, and to watch out for 'too good to be true offers.' Well, this felt like one of those occasions as the price was significantly cheaper than buying direct from Mophie or Apple. Since the release of Apple's iOS7 platform, swathes of cheap and fake 3rd party devices no longer work with iPhone. This is in response to poorly built products which have electrocuted people. All devices now have to be approved by Apple to work. With this in mind, had this Mophie Juice Pack been fake it simply wouldn't work with iOS7. When I received it yesterday and plugged it in, I was pleased to see it responded exactly as it should. I was also able to register the serial number with Mophie. I'm satisfied this is the real thing, and at a bargain price.

Delivery is of course a little longer than if you were ordering from a domestic source... About two weeks. However, P&P is free and the product price saving is significant. A longer delivery time is a trade off. Delivery is estimated 5-10 working days, and a tracking ID is provided. Credit to Kappsa, they dispatched the product promptly, but it did sit with the HK post for 5 or 6 working days before it left the country. I'm sure on another occasion it may have been quicker. The postal packaging was sufficient, although not fantastic. That said, the product was marked as a gift, and also noted to have a relatively low value... This thwarts Customs on entry to the UK, or at least it did in my case. I had no tax to pay. I'm sure if it was in some commercial standard packaging, eyebrows may have risen

I did have a couple of queries with my order once I had placed it, and both times I sent questions I was responded to within 6 hours. Not forgetting the time zone differences, this is better than I would expect from a domestic supplier, never mind international.

Overall I am pleased with the product, the service, and the price offered a significant saving. Credit where credit is due, hence this rather lengthy review!

• Mophie Juice Pack Plus for iPhone 5