Curry's Knowhow Team Damaged my worktop, then blamed me

Guest's review of Currys - www.currys.co.uk

“Curry's Knowhow Team Damaged my worktop, then blamed me”

Written on: 21/01/2017

Curry's Knowhow team came to fit a new gas hob into our brand new home, found out the builder had stuck down the ceramic electrical hob, we didn't know this, they asked if my husband had a sharp knife he went outside to look for one in his shed, they said to me would you like us to have a go at taking the electric hob out I replied I don't know what do you think, I then went into the lounge thinking they assessing if it was possible, then I heard a loud bang I went rushing back into the kitchen they had forced the electric hob out and damaged my worktop, one fitter said to the other I knew that would happen didn't you, he nodded in reply.
I was in shock and so was my husband, who is ill and they knew that.
One fitter went outside to the van and brought in a disclaimer form, they stood over me and the older fitter said to me "if you don't sign this form and put into words the damage was not our fault the money due will come out of our wages, still in shock and feeling bullied I did what they asked.
Because I signed the form Curry's P C World will not recognise the fact I was bullied, also in any correspondence with them they will not mention this, their fitters are supposed to be the professional's not the customer and when things go wrong they should take the responsibility not carry disclaimer forms.
The fitters acted in a shameful manner, I would like everybody to know this so vulnerable people know what they are up against.

• Average