What's the point in staff!!!

Rowan330's review of Currys - www.currys.co.uk

“What's the point in staff!!!”

Written on: 03/09/2014 by Rowan330 (1 review written)

I went in to my local currys store today, all the staff where just stood around having conversations between themselves.. Walking up & down looking for what I was after not one member of staff asked if I needed help... Even walked past one staff member playing in their phone!!! Once I eventually found what I wanted I went over to the 'phones 4 U' section of the store to get a replacement charger, they where secured to the stand which I can understand but again out of 4 staff members not one was interested in helping two even started to walk away from where I was stood...

• Goods purchased & cost

Oneseesinthedark's Comment

Written on: 27/11/2014

And, as for me, I get sick to death of being pestered by Stores staff when all I want to do is browse around. When I go to my local Branch of Currys/PC World I ALWAYS get greeted at the door, with a swift "Do you need any help?" responded by a polite "I'm OK, thanks" and I am left to browse with no-one hounding me. On the occasions I have needed assistance I have either lifted my hand to the nearest assistant, or, I may need to walk a short distance to get help but in either case I would much rather do that when I know EXACTLY what I might need to know rather than get hounded; if I get hounded at ANY store I get irritable and WILL say that I feel I am being hounded.

It's hard to get it right these days. Short of Sales assistants being over my shoulders or having no assistance, at all, I would rather call for one when I need one rather than have them breathing down my neck whilst browsing.

Like I say; its hard to get it right.