Knowhow: Most incompetent, only guaranteed is frustration

Guest's review of Currys - www.currys.co.uk

“Knowhow: Most incompetent, only guaranteed is frustration”

Written on: 04/08/2013

My Indesit washing machine had some flashing lights that was causing it not to start. I booked a repair with Currys Knowhow. They took one week to book in a repair date, then on the first day they did not have any service parts so they booked another day and arrived with some more parts, tried them on, still the machine did not work. Then they booked again, called for some more parts. The third time the engineer arrived late in the evening and took 5 mins and said he would like to order some more parts. I was totally fedup and upset... it was a really frustrating experience. The engineers don't seem committed at all. I suspect they are not measured on customer service or satisfaction.

They have an extremely incompetent service.
1) They could not diagnose the problem with my washing machine.
2) They take more than a week to order parts and provide a date.
3) Engineers are not good at all - they use trial and error tactics.

All 3 times I was told that they are not sure it will work, but they will try. This error I had seems to be a common issue wtih indesit machines. I was surprised with the comments from the engineer. Also the 3rd time the customer services had messed up my booking. Their automated calling system is also super rubbish. Please do not waste your time with them.

• Goods purchased & cost