CURRYS IS UNPROFESSIONAL, DECEITFUL AND DISHONEST

B-Lou's review of Currys - www.currys.co.uk

“CURRYS IS UNPROFESSIONAL, DECEITFUL AND DISHONEST”

Written on: 24/06/2013 by B-Lou (1 review written)

I would strongly urge any consumer NOT to shop in Currys. I bought a brand new washing machine and paid for Currys "professionals" (I use this term very lightly) to deliver and fit the goods. As the delivery men were bringing the machine into my house I heard a large crack (from two rooms away). I went to see what had happened – the men looking rather shifty but said it has caught on the conservatory door. I examined the door and there was no damage so I went back to sit with my young daughter (who gets nervous about strangers in the house). The delivery men connected the machine did a test run and then left.

The spin cycle has never worked very well. So after getting more concerned about the spin and the noise I asked a couple of friends to give me their opinion before I went back to Currys. My friend pulled the machine out of the fitted cupboard space and then we saw the back and top panel of the machine has been smashed. Significant damage had been caused to the machine. Two further bits of plastic were behind the machine – which had clearly fallen off during cycles – however it was very apparent that the delivery men had seriously damaged the machine and then taken most of the smashed plastic with them.

So not only had they broken my machine bringing it into the house, they had also hidden the damage and lied to me. Also getting me to fraudulently sign that the machine was in perfect condition upon installation.

Given the appalling behaviour of their employees one would think Currys would apologise and replace the machine. Of course NOT. Currys ‘customer service’ person essentially said their company would do nothing about it and that I had caused the damage.

I am still paying back the money I borrowed to get this machine. I was left in tears after Currys customer service experience. And I don’t even have a working washing machine. They shouldn’t be allowed to trade. I would not even give them 1 star.

Dishonest and deceitful are the polite words to describe this company. I will never shop there again.

• BEKO Washing Machine £229