Electric hob faulty after 3 weeks - engineers don't turn up

Guest's review of Currys - www.currys.co.uk

“Electric hob faulty after 3 weeks - engineers don't...”

Written on: 20/03/2013

Purchased a Currys Essentials electric hob and after only 3 weeks one of the rings stopped working. Called the Currys service number from the receipt and they booked an engineer (3rd party contractors) to come round to repair it. The engineer came round a few days later, he had a look and left to order parts.

Over the next week another ring stopped working which we also reported, then it stopped working altogether which we also reported so now we have no use of the hob at all.

After not hearing anything for a quite a while I chased up the engineers directly, to be told the parts will be in on the 10th, so an engineer will call round to repair it then (5 days away), they also said they were unaware of the additional faults, so I reported the faults again with Currys who said the engineers where informed when I first reported them. I took the day off work on the date I was given for the engineers visit and the 10th came and went with no sign of the engineers.

Called Currys again to find out what's going on who told me the engineers are still waiting for parts and wont be in till next week (4 weeks since we reported the fault) They refused point blank to replace it and were not helpful at all and did not care that myself, my wife and young baby where unable to cook. How can it take 4 weeks to order parts? Where do they get them from, Venus?

In the end we gave up and bought a new one NOT FROM CURRYS and binned the Currys one.

We will never ever buy anything from Currys ever again. With a service record like Currys they will be the next one to go BUST if thats how they treat their customers.

P.S. Their service number is an 0844 number and it takes ages to get through to anyone. I'm not suppressed they are "receiving a high volume of calls"

• Currys Essentials Electric Hob