Poor service & quality of product

Guest's review of Premier Range - www.premierrange.co.uk

“Poor service & quality of product ”

Written on: 13/06/2013

Initially requested a quote for multiple items discount - heard nothing so I bought other items elsewhere.
Ordered 100cm black glass cooker hood online and paid - next day I got a call to say out of stock. I had searched for ages for the right item so asked to upgrade to the next item but at reduced cost as their site did not say out of stock. Agreed at reduced price. Few minutes later got a call back saying that TOO was out of stock! Went for next model up, asked if it was also digital display, yes, so paid extra.
Delivery timescales good - upon checking the item though, it was damaged, it was not digital and it was very basic quality - it was not cheap.
I rang and asked for return/refund - After about 2 days I got a return reference number, took several more days to arrange collection. Item collected 21 May. 29 May I rang and asked where my refund was - told it was in progress. I checked the full amount and had it confirmed (I checked this as I had paid once on credit card online then on switch for the additional element). Went away so on return (8 June) checked my account and main refund was received on 1 June,nothing on my switch card.
Rang every day since then and the girls on the phone are really helpful but seems they are just the piggy in the middle - the returns team and accounts team are very poor. No-one rings me back, I am waiting on a refund for an item they have had back for weeks! I work for a Bank and know its so easy to process a payment - as yet I still don't have my full money back so be warned! Poor quality goods and poor customer service.

• Goods purchased & cost