Don't Waste Your Time, Rubbish Service & Unreliable People

Guest's review of Premier Range - www.premierrange.co.uk

“Don't Waste Your Time, Rubbish Service & Unreliable People”

Written on: 09/04/2013

Called on a Sunday to order a splash back for our kitchen which was being fitted the following week. Cheap price on Ebay, open on a Sunday and said they had an express overnight delivery service available- so seemed ideal. Called and ordered our item, asked about express delivery and were told "the quickest we can get it to you would be Tuesday", I reiterated back to him that as long as it arrived that day and was no later than that it would be fine. We continued with the order, during which he wrote down that this should be for delivery to me on Tuesday and no later, then finished the conversation. I even thanked him for being so helpful. We received acknowledging emails to confirm our order which said nothing about a delivery date so assumed all was well. Tuesday arrived and as our guys were making good progress with the kitchen I checked my emails, that morning an email confirming dispatch of the goods had taken place THAT DAY for delivery on Wednesday. Infuriated and worried about the effect this would have on our guys being able to finish on time I called them. I Spoke to a gentleman whose name evaded me. He said the information I received on the email was the same as on the system and that would indeed be the earliest it would reach us. When I pressed him further as to his nonchalant attitude about his company making such an irritating error despite my efforts to be clear on what is required - he eventually apologised and said there was absolutely nothing he could do apart from cancel the order. I said this was not satisfactory and he offered to go away and review the conversation which had been recorded, to corroborate my report. He "apparently" did so and came back saying he could not find an entry for this - convenient. He stated again that there was nothing he could do accept apologise and continue with the delivery for tomorrow. I asked him at that time whether it had already been dispatched which he confirmed and stated further how dissatisfied I was at this, as it would hold up my workmen significantly and mean they may have to come back for another day. He reiterated again that there was nothing he could do but to cancel the order(which would of course have been even more helpful). I suggested a small compensation of a refund of the delivery costs to cover the inconvenience which was apparently impossible, there was apparently no way to get it shipped same-day and he had no concerns over the effect this would have had on my project. I stated that I would never have shopped with them if the express delivery had not been available. Infuriated, I challenged him further by commenting on the fact that his organisation has no contingency plan when they make a mistake, no ability to corroborate the facts and no intention of reimbursing customers for their lack of service. He then started speaking about the fact that my workmen could continue without it and come back (which I have been told is undesirable due to the effect on the tiles, worktop and cooker hood that this would have) and should not be the point. At one point he even implied that I was lying, to which I countered by saying that if this was the case, I would not bother to ask for postage, but for the whole Item FREE! I stated further that I had come to them as a customer in good faith, paid my dues and done all in my power to live up to my responsibilities, but that I was appaled that they just expect inadequacy and failure of service to be acceptable to those who have chosen to patronise their company. I asked to speak to someone senior, which was denied with the statement “I am the manager” which I am afraid I laughed at! I said, you a manager and you allow a situation to escalate to such a degree and inadequacies to go unchecked” how effective I thought. He then revealed that the item had not even been shipped at that point, admitting to a blatant lie he had made to me earlier. He then said it would be best for everyone if he cancelled the order, which I agreed to, stating that I would not want them to have a single penny of my hard earned money. I stated that I would be writing reviews and reporting his behaviour to his local trading standards office and ended the conversation by saying how disgusted I was. I fully intend to do this and would advise anyone to avoid this sham of an organisation, who expect their customers to swallow all their failures, happily and without complaint.

• £34.95