After Sales Service Appalling

Guest's review of Premier Range - www.premierrange.co.uk

“After Sales Service Appalling”

Written on: 15/02/2013

I bought from this company a 60cm Oven, 45cm Oven and warming drawer, a 5 ring gas hob, cooker hood and glass splash back. I made the 3.5 hour journey from my home to their premises to view the products before I bought. I have to say I love them, they are great and look fantastic. However, within the one year warranty period my 60cm Oven door fell off, the glass has come away and also the fan has started to make horrendous noises. I reported the defect under the warranty to be told that they will fix the problem if I bring the oven back to them, I need to leave it for 3-4 days and then come back again to collect it!!! Finally after much arguing I was told that they would agree to pay the return courier costs as long as I ensure the oven was palletised and correctly packaged!!! The Sale of Goods Act 1979 clearly states that if an item is faulty within its warranty then it is the selling company that must cover all costs including packaging and must arrange to collect/fix on site. I have reported this company to West Yorkshire Trading Standards/Citizens Advice joint venture. I can only suggest anyone else who has problems does the same, especially as Premier claim on their website that they are regularily inspected by Trading Standards and have a certificate to prove it! Yesterday I started the process to get my money back or obtain a new oven through legal channels as advised by Trading Standards. I read the negative comments on here before I bought and chose to ignore them, I now wish I hadn't. Please do not buy from this company.

• Goods purchased & cost