Appalling experience, no customer service

Guest's review of Woolworths - www.woolworths.co.uk

“Appalling experience, no customer service”

Written on: 08/02/2014

Delighted to see Woolworths had an on-line store, nostalgic memories of going to the high street store and buying all sorts of items so had a look to see what was available on-line.
Bought a cooker, received an email stating supplier would contact me to arrange delivery by 10.02.14. I tracked my order only to see that the cooker was to be installed on 10th and no-one had been in touch. Rang and was told the delivery date could not be changed, if not there a card would be left. Emailed three times and the same information repeated again and again. Very frustrated by this lack of customer service and arranged to be at home as I need the cooker. Received an email yesterday with a contact number, called Hotpoint and guess what, they had no note that they were coming on 10th...in fact the cooker is out of stock until w/c 17th when they will call to arrange delivery and install. Advised that Woolworths should not have told me they were coming as Hotpoint make their own arrangements. I am really glad I got this number to call as I would have been quite upset to wait all day for nothing. Sadly, I cannot recommend Woolwoths as a good retailer due to receiving not a shred of customer service and because I was badly misinformed.

• Gas Cooker