woolworths/Yodel multiple issues - TERRIBLE

victim-of-crime's review of Woolworths - www.woolworths.co.uk

“woolworths/Yodel multiple issues - TERRIBLE”

Written on: 07/02/2014 by victim-of-crime (1 review written)

Bought a £450 worth laptop from Woolworths online. In Order confirmation email told this item requires a signature. Paid for the delivery. Got an email saying the laptop will be delivered on Monday between 07 and 21h. Took a day off and waited at the window for the van to appear. Tracked it online (Yodel)until it said 'was not delivered-could not gain access'! No knock on door, no doorbellri going, no card, nothing! Called the first thing in the morning to be told it will be delivered that day (Tuesday).Again, took another day off and this time sat at the window waiting and tracking.The only entry was at 10.15 when the parcel left the Enfield Parcel Centre. Called many times during the day to be told to wait until 21h it may arrive by then. NOTHING ARRIVED. At 22 tracking updated 'Parcel delivered'! I was shocked! Called Yodel in the morning to be told they will investigate.l the driver's manager  Called me back the next day( Wednesday the 05th) and told me the parcel was given to an Asian lady in her 50's with red hair'!Needless to say I do not know of anyone fitting that description! To my horror the name that was signed was my 75 years old mother's name who was not even at home that day. He couldn't tell me the address where the parcel was delivered.
I emailed Woolworths and asked for a refund only to be told they will investigate. Then they said they found out it was   delivered and they cannot refund before the parcel is recovered.
We are dealing with multiple issues here, one of them is identity theft, because if it is true, my mother is a victim, as well as myself. Horrifying!!!!!!

• Goods purchased & cost