Worse experience ever

Sarah_scute's review of Woolworths - www.woolworths.co.uk

“Worse experience ever”

Written on: 13/05/2013 by Sarah_scute (1 review written)

I ordered wallpaper from Woolworths on 19th April, 2 rolls for £47. Their estimated delivery is now 22nd May. At no point during purchasing the wallpaper did they say it was not in stock or take OVER a month to deliver.
I wrote to their customer services to complain but they just confirmed my delivery date and ignored my compliant.
If I didn't like the paper as much I would get a refund. I ordered wallpaper from B&Q on the same night and it arrived 2 days later. I will not use them again and would never ever recommend them to anyone.
I contacted Watchdog on the BBC to see why they are able to take people's money and then have 5 week delivery dates. It's wallpaper for gods sake, my sofa arrived before it!!!!h

• Goods purchased & cost

• Still waiting

Woolworths_Representative's Response to Sarah_scute's Review

Written on: 13/05/2013

Hi Sarah_scute,

When you put the items in you basket and went to checkout, an expected delivery date will have been given.

You would then receive an email confirmation with the expected delivery date on also.

We do make every effort to deliver goods on the dates specified however, these dates are only expected and not guaranteed as per our Terms and Conditions. The wallpaper could be delivered before the date that you have been advised, however we couldn't guarantee this.

We do sincerely apologise that there has been a delay and if there is anything else you would like us to look into please email us at Help@Woolworths.co.uk and we'd be happy to look into it for you.

Many Thanks

Lizzie
Woolies Help.

Sarah_Scute's reply to Woolworths_Representative's Comment

Written on: 13/05/2013

Thank you for taking the time out to copy and paste your bog standard customer services reply. If you think that 5 weeks is a good delivery for wallpaper then your even more disappointing than I first thought of your company. As I said B&Q managed a 2 day delivery. Unless you are actually hand making the wallpaper and hand delivering it from China then you cannot justify the 5 week delay...!!!!

Woolworths_Representative's reply to Sarah_Scute's Comment

Written on: 14/05/2013

Hi Sarah_Scute,

We do not stock wallpaper in our warehouse and we get wallpaper from a supplier.

The dates that are given to us are based on what the supplier has provided. As they're giving a 5 week wait on the wallpaper then our particular supplier may have been having issues getting that stock ready for delivery which is why there is a delay.

Once again, we do apologise that there is a delay and we'll be sure to pass on your feedback.

Many Thanks